Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
These two online resources, Ancestry Library Edition and Fold3, are excellent starting points for genealogical research in this area of study.
Ancestry Library Edition provides access to census records for selected Native American Tribes, U.S. Indian Wills archives, Index to Indian War Affidavits for selected states and the U.S. School Yearbooks for Native Americans for selected years.
Fold3 includes historical primary documents featuring U.S. city directories, naturalization records, and Revolutionary War Pensions. Collections include Native American Archives.
Collection Highlight: Fold3
White Buffalo, Cheyennes, from the Photos - Native Americans (Rinehart) Collection in Fold3
Available Collections from Ancestry Library Edition
- U.S., Native American Applications for Enrollment in Five Civilized Tribes, 1898-1914
- North Carolina, Native American Census Selected Tribes, 1894-1913
- U.S., Native American Citizens and Freedmen of Five Civilized Tribes, 1895-1914
- U.S., Native American Applications for Enrollment in Five Civilized Tribes (overturned), 1896
- U.S., Native American Enrollment Cards for the Five Civilized Tribes, 1898-1914
- Native Soil Manuscripts Index
Available Collections from Fold3
- Cherokee Indian Agency (TN)
- Eastern Cherokee Applications
- Index to Indian Wars Pension Files, 1892-1926
- Indian Census Rolls, 1885-1940
- Indian Wars Service Record Index
- Michigan & Illinois Indian Wars Service Records
- Photos - Native Americans (Rinehart)
- Ratified Indian Treaties