Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
How to navigate this guide
This guide provides an overview of the jazz-related resources offered by the Music & Recorded Sound Division at the Library for the Performing Arts. It is organized by format and availability:
- Electronic resources with remote access. This page includes monographs, serials, and recordings that can be accessed from home with a NYPL library card.
- Digital collections with remote access. This page includes collections of primary source materials specific either to NYPL or another institution.
- Circulating books and media. This page includes books and audiovisual media that can be checked out from a NYPL branch location. **Please note that physical items are inaccessible during the library's closure.
- Non-circulating books, recordings, and periodicals. This page includes materials from the research collection of the Music & Recorded Sound Division. **Please note that these items are inaccessible during the library's closure.
- Archival collections. This page includes collections of primary source material accessible for supervised consultation in the Special Collections Reading Room. **Please note that these items are inaccessible during the library's closure.
For more details about any materials mentioned on this site, or about how to access them, feel free to email us at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
(Above) Stuff Smith performing at the Carnival of Swing, Randall's Island Stadium, 29 May 1938. From the Otto Hess Photographs.