Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
How to Search the Research Catalog
The New York Public Library Research Catalog allows you to do basic and advanced searches.
- For basic searches you can narrow your search by:
- Journal Title
- Call Number
- The advance search function allows you to do all of the above, but also narrow your search by:
- Format (i.e., book, map, audio)
- Specific Research Division (i.e., Schomburg Research and Reference)
- Don't forget to choose the correct location:
- Basic: Schomburg Center
- Advanced: Schomburg Research and Reference
Search the Research Catalog